Welcome to Landslide Photography

Photographs are the physical preservation of memories. Timbra Wiist, owner/operator, sets out to capture "The Journey of Motherhood" through maternity, birth photography, newborn and nursing portraits, and beyond.


Who is Landslide Photography?

Timbra Wiist holds a Degree in Photography from Sacramento City College (Sacramento, CA) with special emphasis on Photojournalism, Wedding and Portrait Photography. She takes a photojournalistic approach to traditional portraiture. Pricing and information found at The Journey of Motherhood, the main focus of Landslide Photography. Timbra also photographs on location for Weddings, Events (parties, reunions, etc) and Portrait sittings, as she has done for the past eight years.

Switching Up How It's Done

I've always used this blog as is, as a website, not adding to it when I do actual work! But I'm going to change that, make it into more of a portfolio for myself, made easier by the web hosting for the images used on blogger, having expanded a bit. So here it goes. . .

A little over two years ago, I moved the focus of my business to photographing babies, bellies and ehem, breasts (aka Nursing portraits). I've been able to hold fundraisers and raise money for World Breastfeeding Week, in August for two years now. This year I also gave away free micro-portrait sessions at an event called "Milk For Thought." I gave away a few sittings to silent auction and drawings, all to promote breastfeeding awareness and involvement. I am SO enjoying this part of my work. In October, I had request for my work to be used in two different slide shows, for education, and for an article in Leaven, which is a leader publication for La Leche League. I hope that some of my work will be cover art for said publication, in the near future. In general, it seems most of my photo sessions are still family sessions, which usually include a nursing portrait or two during the session.

Let's start with 2011 shall we? Now that it's almost to a close :)

No comments: