Welcome to Landslide Photography

Photographs are the physical preservation of memories. Timbra Wiist, owner/operator, sets out to capture "The Journey of Motherhood" through maternity, birth photography, newborn and nursing portraits, and beyond.


Who is Landslide Photography?

Timbra Wiist holds a Degree in Photography from Sacramento City College (Sacramento, CA) with special emphasis on Photojournalism, Wedding and Portrait Photography. She takes a photojournalistic approach to traditional portraiture. Pricing and information found at The Journey of Motherhood, the main focus of Landslide Photography. Timbra also photographs on location for Weddings, Events (parties, reunions, etc) and Portrait sittings, as she has done for the past eight years.

Jet's Birth January 16, 2011

This is how I started my year! My friend Mali, in labor at 9pm, I waited up until my usual bedtime of 2am, thinking I'd hear from them before that. . . as I drifted off into a deep sleep, my phone rang and woke me with a start. . . but the excitement and adrenaline had me up and awake and dressing myself and my sleeping 17 month old baby, texting a friend to watch her at the hospital, risking my life over icy landscape from house to car, and on the road in less than 30 minutes. It would be nearly 6 more hours before this little guy entered the world, causing all sorts of trouble on the way. I can't believe I was asked to be part of something SO incredible! Not only as a photographer, but as a mother and as a friend. This little boy is something quite special in our lives (11 months later). Eventually I will take my business more in the way of birth, when my own family doesn't still need me in the night, and this was my first taste of how amazing that time will be, when it comes. Not all of my entries will be stories, in words or photographs, but this was quite the way to start out my year, photographically speaking. Thank you, dear friends, for this opportunity!

No comments: